Monday, March 23, 2009

Thing 18: Facebook

After starting this class in January it opened my world to a whole new bunch of tools at my disposal to use in the media center. Regrettably a number of them, Facebook, included is blocked from use at school. However, I started explorer these "things" with the idea not only how can they be used in my job but my personal life. I LOVE Facebook!! It has allowed me to connect with hs friends and see where they are now. I also like that I don't have to let anyone "in" that I don't want to. I've joined a number of joins and causes that are near and dear to me. I wouldn't feel comfortable connecting with my students, though. I am currently working on setting up another blog for our school and students. That tool is not blocked from use. 23 Things @ Neflin has been one of the best things to happen to me this year! It is right up there with knowing I still have a job next year!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you feel that way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you I have enjoyed Neflin, too. And also I am happy to have not just a job but one I am glad to come to every morning.

    ReplyDelete