Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thing 20: Books 2.0

Once again alot to explore. I loved the one on Facebook, WeRead. Joined that and will use that on Facebook to log what I've read and what I want to read. I still love holding a book in my hand to read. Magazines too. Kindle, is probably too expensive for the public school to purchase but I could see it inspiring some youths to read. We purchased playaways thinking this would really help our students who are struggling with reading. They would, if the students would come and check them out. I introduce them to a class they get all excited check them out and then I don't see them again. I still believe if reading is valued in the home then the students will come into the library and read.

1 comment:

  1. I may not always be reading a "book" but I am always reading something. The same goes for my kids. I read that article discussing whether online reading was reading, well I think it does, for me, my kids and my students. We make fun of my husband for still reading the "dirty" newspaper everyday:)

    ReplyDelete